Visual History of Google Algorithm changes
Cool Infographic on the history of Google Algorithm changes
2014 the Year of the Mobile
Article was written by Kimberly Whitler
- Is 2014 the year of Mobile?
- How are leading marketers using Mobile to leapfrog competitors?
- Any specific examples of what smart marketers are doing?
- What advice would you give marketers to make the most of Mobile in 2014?
More detailed check out the story of “Is 2014 Finally The Year of Mobile?”
Love to Write? It might be Social Media
Written by Catherine Lockey.
- Develop your writing skills
- Develop your online research skills
- Learn how to strategically leverage Social Media
- Become a skilled WordPress Blogger
- Know how to optimize your Social Content for Search
More detail on “Why Social Media Writers are in Demand.”
6 Usability Mistakes that Kill Conversions
Excellent article by Lisa Barone
These 6 Usability Mistakes are:
- Didn’t Keep It Simple
- Didn’t Make It Useful
- You forgot Words ( Spelled them Wrong)
- Giving Too Many Options
- CTA (Call To Action) are not Obvious
- No Communication
For more details on these 6 Usability Mistakes that Kill Conversion.
Google+ to increase Search Rankings
Socialmediaexaminer published this information and I agree with it.
Google+ is a wonderful addition and it is becoming a more influential social media channel.
- Optimizing Your Google+ Page for Search Ranking
- Posting Content
- Connecting the Dots
More details on the Google+ article.
SEO vs New SEO – SeO Strategy
Love this infographic, it shows that Social Media, Content Strategy and Engagement is becoming more and more relevant to maintain and improve PageRank.
4 Big Reasons to Overhaul Your #Social-Media Marketing in 2014
Great article by Marla Tabaka
Four Big Reasons:
- The social Web will have more impact than search-engine ranking
- Simplicity will become critical
- Social Customer service is on the rise
- Small businesses can — and will — become big players
For more in depth read Marla’s article on Social Media Marketing
Matt Cutts: Write Clear, Understandable Content
This article helps to figure out how to write more technical content. Jennifer Slegg articulated pretty well and Matt Cutts video explains it nicely.
Bottom line, don’t focus on being so technical that you’re excluding a lot of the audience that might want to learn more about your topic, but just can’t understand it because you’re not explaining it well. Read more on Write Clear and Create Understandable Content.
Using Content Marketing to Build Brand Trust
Great article by Anna Francis. She basically sums up the direction that content marketing is going.
Check out the article “Using Content Marketing to Build Brand Trust.”
EXIF Image Metadata
Matt Cutts giving us a possible hint to start to take the EXIF Image Metadata serious, written by Jennifer Slegg.