I love what I read on Andy Betts article “The Rise of Content Performance: The Search and Social Link” Working with large companies such as Cisco or VMware you’ll find Organic Search, Paid Search, Social, Branding & Content Creation in different departments with different budget, goals and objectives. Here is when a SEO professional can step in and break through these barriers.
Just a few steps away that leads to better content performance:
- Work with all the groups and establish a shared goal, a cross-channel goal i.e. conversion, sale, or make an appointment
- Work as a SuperGroup: Search, Content, Social (SCS) and invite Paid Search & Branding to your strategy meetings
- Ensure that search (organic & paid) and social strategies are part of the content strategies
- Always Execute, Test & Refine; continue evolve and adapt the groups tactics especially as you want to analyze various assets such as videos, images and possible text variations.
- Analyze, attribute and measure performance
Figure out a way to report on all channels separately to see the impact of your content strategy in relation to final business outcomes.