Conquering Content Marketing in 5 Steps: It All Starts With a Plan
However, I have additional comment to this article:
I would add prior to two (Development – Content Creation and Asset Management) SEO Optimization as you need to determine what keywords, what messaging, and what audience to reach. In addition prior to Content Creation you need to figure out your budget as well. Once you created a content it is hard to optimize the content most likely you have to rewrite it. That causes disruption in the messaging flow. Many companies doing it the reversed way.
- Do the messaging, find the competitors, figure out possible keywords
- SEO: Research possible keywords learn more about your competition & add additional possible keywords
- Figure out the social channels, sharing, G-T-M (Go-to-Market) etc.
- Content Creation & Asset management
- Editorial Review and make sure messaging synchronize
- SEO or better Web Presence Optimization (WPO) Review