FAQs about the April 21st mobile-friendly update
There are General FAQs here are the questions, for the answers please go to Google Webmastercentral.blogspot.
- Will desktop and/or tablet ranking also be affected by this change?
- Is it a page-level or site-level mobile ranking boost?
- How do I know if Google thinks a page on my site is mobile-friendly?
- Unfortunately, my mobile-friendly pages won’t be ready until after April 21st. How long before they can be considered mobile-friendly in ranking?
- Since the mobile ranking change rolls out on April 21st, if I see no drop in traffic on April 22nd, does that mean that my site’s rankings aren’t impacted?
- I have a great mobile site, but the Mobile-Friendly Test tells me that my pages aren’t mobile-friendly. Why?
- What if I link to a site that’s not mobile-friendly?
- Does Google give a stronger mobile-friendly ranking to pages using Responsive Web Design (which uses the same URL and the same HTML for the desktop and mobile versions) vs. hosting a separate mobile site (like www for desktop and m.example.com for mobile)?
- Will my site / page disappear on mobile search results if it’s not mobile-friendly?Specialized FAQs
- What if my audience is desktop only? Then there’s no reason to have a mobile site, right?
- I have pages showing mobile usability errors because they embed a YouTube video. What can I do?
- Is there a clear standard for sizing tap targets?
- To become mobile-friendly quickly, we’re thinking of creating a very stripped down version of our site (separate mobile pages) until our new responsive site is complete. Do you foresee any problems with this?