As Brad Miller states: Local SEO is an every-evolving entity.
Last year Google algorithm update “Pigeon” provided a more useful, relevant and accurate local search results. When trying to increase local search think of
- visibility and not necessary ranking
- Google Places for business and Google+ local
- Get the Basic Right
- Custom meta description
- How to be perceived in the SERP
- The importance of schema markup (schema.org)
- Use a tools to identify and maintain local citations, one of the recent tools is Moz Local
- Do other Properties Rank?
Further detail please read “Local SEO: 5 Advanced Tactics for Greater Visibility“