I love what I read on Andy Betts article “The Rise of Content Performance: The Search and Social Link” Working with large companies such as Cisco or VMware you’ll find Organic Search, Paid Search, Social, Branding & Content Creation in different departments with different budget, goals and objectives. Here is when a SEO professional can step in and break through these barriers.
Just a few steps away that leads to better content performance:
- Work with all the groups and establish a shared goal, a cross-channel goal i.e. conversion, sale, or make an appointment
- Work as a SuperGroup: Search, Content, Social (SCS) and invite Paid Search & Branding to your strategy meetings
- Ensure that search (organic & paid) and social strategies are part of the content strategies
- Always Execute, Test & Refine; continue evolve and adapt the groups tactics especially as you want to analyze various assets such as videos, images and possible text variations.
- Analyze, attribute and measure performance
Figure out a way to report on all channels separately to see the impact of your content strategy in relation to final business outcomes.
Tao of Google
Great article by Randy Milanovic
- Every end comes from a beginning
- Each creation is special and unique
- Experience leads to wisdom
- The virtuous path leads to inner peace
- Remember that enlightenment isn’t the end
For more detail on “Tao of Google: Enlightening Approach to Search Success“
Love to Write? It might be Social Media
Written by Catherine Lockey.
- Develop your writing skills
- Develop your online research skills
- Learn how to strategically leverage Social Media
- Become a skilled WordPress Blogger
- Know how to optimize your Social Content for Search
More detail on “Why Social Media Writers are in Demand.”
Google+ to increase Search Rankings
Socialmediaexaminer published this information and I agree with it.
Google+ is a wonderful addition and it is becoming a more influential social media channel.
- Optimizing Your Google+ Page for Search Ranking
- Posting Content
- Connecting the Dots
More details on the Google+ article.
SEO Experts Silently Rock Your Website
This article is talking about the way that so many company under utilize the SEO Expert professionals. Most companies hire SEO Experts temporarily and don’t really integrate them into their teams. There is definitely more to it than just on-page optimization.
Factors that Influence SEO Keyword Prioritization
- Search demand
- User intent
Read the detail of Ken Lyons article about these Factors that Influence SEO Keyword Prioritization.
Pinterest Beefs Up Its Search
Pinterest Beefs Up Its Search Chops With VisualGraph Acquisition, great article by Matt McGee
As stated in the blog:”VisualGraph’s technology connects images through things like face recognition, object recognition and shape/color analysis.”
Pinterest Beefs Up Its Search Chops With VisualGraph Acquisition
Great summary of great blogs and article what was significant in 2013 in the SEO world.
Posts with the Highest Pageviews on Search Engine Journal for 2013